ESPN Platforms, Basketball/ Lacrosse Color Analyst Freelance, December, 2020 – Present
- Break down the plays of Division 1 NCAA games to the nitty gritty Xs and Os.
- Create storylines of the players and coaches with broad appeal that includes casual sports viewers.
- One of very few analysts in the game who played NCAA basketball, coached NCAA basketball, and was a national board member referee.
- Worked with multiple schools across a large area broadcasting men’s and women’s athletics, all the while growing viewership.
Fox Carolina, Sports Reporter/Anchor, April 2019-Present, Greenville, SC.
- Weekend Sports Anchor/Reporter for Fox Carolina /WHNS in Greenville, SC
- Cover Clemson football’s run through the National Championship and the University of South Carolina athletics
- Sunday Sports Extra Anchor. The anchor/producer/editor for a 30 minute sports show every Sunday night during football season.
Western Mass News, Reporter/Anchor, January 2017-April 2019, Springfield, MA.
- General assignment news reporter/MMJ and fill in anchor
- Anchor of Friday Football Fever, a weekly high school football show, the only one in the market that covers teams not just by reporting scores, but featuring student athletes off the grid iron. Solo anchor, produce, shoot, and edit the complete show.
- Spring Fever sports – created after the success of Friday Football Fever, spring sports with a focus on giving equal coverage to both male and female student-athletes in the area. Covered 6 different sports -baseball, softball, lacrosse, tennis, track and volleyball. Solo anchor, produce, shoot, edit the complete show
- Professional sports experience includes 2018 New England Patriots’ AFC Championship game and Red Sox World Series Championship.
WAGM-TV, Reporter/Anchor, August 2015-Dec 2016, Presque Isle, ME.
- Nightly news/sports anchor.
- General assignment MMJ with a focus on Political Reporting. Assisted writing web stories and producing nightly shows
- reporter for a weekly high school basketball show “Sports Extra”
Rhode Island Lottery, On-Air Talent, May 2013-May 2015, Providence R.I.
WPRI-TV, Sports Intern, August 2014-January 2015, Providence R.I.
- Covered New England Patriots, semi pro, college and high school teams
WCVB-TV, News Intern, Summer 2014, Needham Mass.
- Field producer, conducted research for the weekly political show, On The Record. Wrote stories for noon and nightly newscasts.
Massachusetts Association of Broadcasters, Sports Feature-Merit Award 2018
Society of Professional Journalists, National First Place online news reporting, 2012
Roger Williams University, Class of 2015, Bristol RI
BA journalism with a minor in political science
Society of Professional Journalists, RWU Chapter President
RWU women’s basketball team, 2014 NCAA Tournament Appearance
Shoot, write, edit under deadline. Produce and anchor news and sports shows. Innovative problem solver. Final Cut Pro, Avid, Adobe editing software. Visual and Audio story teller.
She is Currently a freelance Basketball and Women’s Lacrosse Color Analyst on ESPN+ platforms. With Previous stops as a Sports Anchor/Reporter at Fox Carolina, in Greenville, SC. Springfield, MA, Presque Isle, ME. While at Fox Carolina she most often reported on Clemson and South Carolina football, basketball and baseball. As well as producing and anchoring a 30 minute sports program on Sundays during the NFL season.
Amanda has had the chance to cover the Braves in the World Series, Clemson’s National College Football Championship run, Bowl games, various ACC and SEC Championship games and more. While in Springfield she was able to cover the Red Sox World Series, and the Patriot’s the AFC Championships and Super Bowl wins.
In the last few years Amanda has had the opportunity to dive into some color commentary on ESPN+ and ESPN 3 for both Men and Women’s Basketball as well as Women’s Lacrosse, calling games ranging from the Big South, Southern Conference, even the American Athletic Conference Women’s Lacrosse Championship. A former college basketball player and coach herself, she loves being apart of the game in a different way.